Hilary Swan

731 action(s) taken with Hilary Swan
Jack Simpson says:

I pledge to try to buy products with less packaging and products that have eco-friendly packaging

Gillian Smith says:

I pledge to look into buying more locally grown products

Richelle Martin says:

I pledge to organize a fossil free company at UNB for the Board of Governs to divest from all fossil free companies.

Maja Kalaba says:

I pledge to make Fredericton more food secure through making food baskets at low prices for people who use the food bank.

Alysha McGratten says:

I pledge to volunteer with the FSPCA and encourage them to start satellite adoption centers at Petsmart

Jonathan Harman says:

I pledge to have shorter showers

Maggie MacFarlane says:

I pledge to turn off the lights

“I want to live in a world where every child has the right to an education”. –Hilary

Hilary SwanHilary wants to live in world “where females have equal access to education because when women are educated then they become leaders in their communities and countries”.

Originally from Kitchener, Ontario Hilary now calls Renaissance College on the UNB campus in Fredericton home. There she is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Leadership Studies.

Hilary has a passion for social justice and through this passion formed a Free the Children Club at her high school. This club raised enough money to build a school in Haiti. She also organized an event called Strip the Streets that brought attention and donations to youth homelessness in Kitchener-Waterloo. In her last year of high school Hilary went on a relief trip to Santa Clara, Cuba where her experience around gender relations there changed her mindset entirely. This sparked her efforts for wanting equal rights for both women and men across the world.