Hilary Swan

731 action(s) taken with Hilary Swan
Kaela Neil says:

Only buy second hand or fair trade/eco clothing and appliances.

Liam Guitard says:

Shop more at the farmers market, and support local farmers.

Melanie KLoet says:

Improve maternal health. I will speak to my local MP about opening a birthing clinic. This type of facility means that many new immigrants to my community can find a place that they feel comfortable in and that is similar to the midwife births that they are used to in their home countries. This type of clinic also offers sexual and reproductive resources and staff for new mothers. My community has started to garner support for this project, but I will education my peers in hopes that we can make this clinic a reality!

Abi says:

I pledge to lend a hand to anyone in anyway that I possibly could.

Abby says:

I pledge to volennteer more of my time and commintment to Wayve

Emma Swan says:

I will educate myself by reading a book on sustainable development

Hilary Swan says:

I pledge to share my story every single day this month

“I want to live in a world where every child has the right to an education”. –Hilary

Hilary SwanHilary wants to live in world “where females have equal access to education because when women are educated then they become leaders in their communities and countries”.

Originally from Kitchener, Ontario Hilary now calls Renaissance College on the UNB campus in Fredericton home. There she is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Leadership Studies.

Hilary has a passion for social justice and through this passion formed a Free the Children Club at her high school. This club raised enough money to build a school in Haiti. She also organized an event called Strip the Streets that brought attention and donations to youth homelessness in Kitchener-Waterloo. In her last year of high school Hilary went on a relief trip to Santa Clara, Cuba where her experience around gender relations there changed her mindset entirely. This sparked her efforts for wanting equal rights for both women and men across the world.